Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thrifts and Threads Thursday



(Labels: Shirt- Romeo and Juliet Couture, Skirt- Thrift Shop, Tanktop- Forever 21, Boots- Bakers, Bag- gift, Jewelry- Relative Culture)


So I usually get questions and comments about my clothes and my overall style whenever I am out, which I think has something to do with my obvious "outsider" appearance in the small towns that I find myself drifting to and through. It was suggested that I include some of my own personal style in this blog and after my recent and very surprising addiction to surfing through fashion blogs from around the world, I got a little inspired. 

These fashion bloggers, like so many others before them, demonstrate the deep cultural significance that goes into the formation of style. Style can be found in every culture and it is culture that shapes every style, so I thought I would have a little input as well. Now, I must provide a disclaimer. I do not consider myself much of a fashionista or an extraordinarily knowledgeable source about the world of fashion (though with all this fashion blog surfing, that may be subject to change). However,  I am an expert on my own personal style, and as I have said before, I am most inspired by styles shaped by cultures around the world. So I figured that I would share, seeing as my style is my biggest inspiration when I am in creative mode. 

A large section of my wardrobe was selected from a vast amount of unwanted, unloved, forgotten clothes a.k.a- thrift shops, but if you have any questions about my thrifted items I can provide the label and look into it. I will also provide the labels of thrifted items if they are recognizable brands, as I have done above.

Well if you have any remarks about the outfit, culture's influence on style, or this post in general, feel free to leave a comment. Also, if you know of any good fashion bloggers please let me know in the comment section. That would be amazing! Oh, and in case you were wondering- yes, this is the outfit that I wore today and yes, my current location has not gotten the message that winter is, in fact, over. Well hopefully summer is just around the corner. Can't wait!

With infinite love,
The Frohemian

 

No comments:

Post a Comment